Jerry Seinfeld Displaces Kelvin Hart To Become Highest Paid Comedian In The World In 2017
The magazine reported that a huge Netflix stand-up deal boosted Seinfeld’s bottom line to a whopping $69.0 million last year.
Seinfeld’s pal Chris Rock is second with a $57.0 million, followed by Louis CK, who earned $52.0 million, according to the 2017 list.
Dave Chappelle and Amy Schumer round out the top five with $47.0 million and $37.5 million, respectively.
Massive deals for TV comedy specials, like $20 million-per-special contracts that Rock and Seinfeld scored, are what bolstered the incomes of most of the top comedians.
Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs is Forbes’ highest-paid celebrity
Forbes said the magazine created its list based on revenue from touring, television and film projects and business and endorsement deals. It calculated the figures on the comedians’ pretax income from June 1, 2016, through June 1, 2017.
Here are the five highest-paid comics and their estimated earnings, according to Forbes:
1. Jerry Seinfeld: $69.0 million
2. Chris Rock: $57.0 million
3. Louis CK: $52.0 million
4. Dave Chappelle: $47.0 million
5. Amy Schumer: $37.5 million
6. Kevin Hart $32.5 million
7. Jim Gaffigan $30.5 million
8. Terry Fator $18.5 million
9. Jeff Dunham $15.5 million
10. Sebastian Maniscalco $15 million
Latest posts by Eric Victor (see all)
- Cypher Media Retouching Workshop Initiative - July 4, 2019
- BET AWARDS 2019: BURNA BOY WINS BEST INTERNATIONAL ACT — SEE FULL LIST OF WINNERS - June 24, 2019
- Speed Painting Of The Vice President Of Nigeria By Kolapo kingdiah - May 25, 2019